1. What classes/programs does PDI offer?
- Continuing Education Classes (CE) for Agents, Brokers, Appraisers, and Maryland Mortgage Originators;
- Maryland 60-hour Pre-Licensing Salesperson training;
- District of Columbia and Maryland 135-hour Pre-licensing Broker training;
- Maryland 40-hour Pre-licensing Mortgage Originators training;
- Online Classes for MD Continuing Education;
- Online Classes for VA Pre-licensing Salesperson training;
- Online Classes for VA Continuing Education / Post-licensing courses;
- On-site Continuing Education and Pre-licensing classes
- Exam Prep for License by Reciprocity
2. Where is PDI's inclement weather policy? More info
3. How do I contact the real estate state regulatory agencies?
Maryland Real Estate Commission 500 North Calvert Street, 3rd Floor, Baltimore, MD 21202
DC Board of Real Estate
Phone: (202)442-4320 Fax: (202)442-4528
Commonwealth of Virginia, Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation
3600 West Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23230
4. How do I enroll for the state real estate exams?
For DC, contact:
8201 Corporate Drive, Metro-Plex II, Suite 400, Landover, MD 20785
For MD and VA, contact:
PSI Real Estate Licensing Examination Services
3210 E. Tropicana, Las Vegas, NV 89121
Phone: (800)733-9267 Fax: (702)932-2666 http://www.psiexams.com
5. What if I am having issues viewing the website?
This website was optimized for Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0.2. You can download this version at Microsoft's website.
Continuing Education (CE) Classes
- What continuing education (CE) classes do I need to renew my MD or DC license? To view state requirements for CE classes and other important enrollment information for classroom courses.
- Where can I find the schedule for CE classes? View the schedule here
- How much do the classes cost? Generally:
* Advance discount prices apply when payment is received no later than 5:00pm of the last business day before the start of the class. Business days are week days excluding New Year's day, Memorial day, Independence day (4th of July), Labor day, Thanksgiving day, and Christmas day. These costs are subject to change.
** 1½ class hours.............$18.00/person (two-class minimum, unless offered with a 3-hour class)
4. How do I enroll for continuing education classes? To enroll for classroom CE through our online registration system:
- Step 1: View our classroom schedule
- Step 2: Login or create a new account Access/Login.cfm
- Step 3: Check on the check boxes on the right of each class of all the classes you like to enroll, then click on the "Enrollment and Make Payment" button. Enter your credit card/debit information and submit. Email confirmations will be sent to the primary email in your account listing the classes you enrolled and your payment.(Please note effective July 1st 2011, we will no longer accept American Express as a form of payment.)
If you are unable to enroll online, please contact PDI at 301-949-1771 or fill out our fax enrollment form and fax it to 301-949-5441. To obtain a PDF of our CE Classroom Enrollment Form. (If you use the enrollment form, please make sure you fill out all requested information clearly and accurately. Make sure your include your email address which will be used as your login.)
7. How can I pay for my classes as a walk-in? For more information.
8. What is PDI's refund and transfer policy? More info
9. I'm late or missed my class. What is PDI's timeliness policy? For more information.
10. Does PDI accept personal checks or company checks? More info
11. When do I get my certificate? We no longer hand out certificates but you can download them by logging into your account.
Salesperson Pre-Licensing Classes
1. How do I obtain a Maryland Salesperson license? For more information.
Broker Pre-Licensing Classes
1. How do I get a Maryland Broker's license? How long do I need to have been a real estate salesperson before I can take the broker state examination?
The Maryland Real Estate Commission requires a real estate salesperson to have actively and lawfully provided real estate brokerage services for at least three years before sitting for the exam. However you may begin your training before the three years have elapsed. For more information.
2. What are the broker education requirements?
3. How do I enroll for the class? For more information.
4. After I complete the program what is the next step?
To enroll for the state examination, please call PSI Real Estate Licensing Examination services (800)733-9267 or go to http://candidate.psiexams.com/index.jsp.
5. If I miss a class how do I make up for my hours?
If you are late or miss some hours you can makeup the hours in the subsequent classes at no charge on a space available basis or you can arrange to attend special make-up sessions. A fee will be charged for the special sessions.
6. If I attend a few classes, then decide to withdraw from the class will I get a full refund?
80% of the tuition will be refunded if you withdraw before the seventh hour of instruction begins. No tuition refund will be given thereafter. No book refunds will be given.
7. I have completed part of my program in another institution. Can I take only the hours I need in your school? No. The Maryland Real Estate Commission requires the student to complete all the hours in one institution.
8. Can I use some of my broker pre-licensing hours to meet my continuing education requirement?
No. You will still have to take the required continuing education classes.
9. I am a Broker in Virginia/DC. Can I get my license in Maryland by reciprocity?