Real Estate CE Requirements
A) If you renewed in 2012 or 2013 and your current license expires between Jan 2014 and Dec 31, 2015:
- Residential (All licenses): 15 hours including 3.0 legislative, 1.5 fair housing, 3.0 ethics
- Commercial (SOLELY - No residential business): 15 hours including 3.0 legislative and 3.0 ethics (required classes)
- Licensees with a graduate degree in law or real estate from an accredited college (must supply documentation at audit): 7.5 hours (3.0 legislative, 3.0 Maryland ethics and 1.5 fair housing (residential); if solely commercial, 7.5 hours including 3.0 legislative 3.0 Maryland ethics and 1.5 elective) (required classes)
B) First Time Renewal Requirements for 2014-2015:
|Residential Brokers, Branch Managers, Team Leaders||Residential Salesperson and Associate Broker|
More information on CE requirements is found on the Maryland Commission site.
A total of 15 hours is needed
- DC Fair Housing (3.0)
- DC Legislative Update (3.0)
- DC Financing Issues and Update (3.0)
- 6 hours of elective. You can get elective credit by taking certain Maryland courses which are eligible for DC elective credit. Visit our CE class calendar and look for any Maryland course which says "(DC) elective" as a credit type.
Virginia Elective Class Credits Through Reciprocity For Classroom Classes
Legislative update and fair housing classes taken to satisfy the mandatory continuing education requirements for Maryland and DC real estate license may not be applied to your mandatory Virginia legislative update or fair housing requirement.
Out-of-State CE Credit CE Credit
The Board will accept up to 8 hours of approved continuing education courses that a broker or experienced salesperson completed in another state, as long as the licensee holds a current real estate license in that other state and completed these CE courses during the current two-year license term. These 8 out-of-state hours can be applied only to the "Real Estate Related Subjects" (elective) Continuing Education category. In order to receive these 8 hours of Continuing Education elective credits in the "Real Estate Related Subjects" category, a licensee must submit:
- an original or notarized copy of the current out-of-state license (with its expiration date) AND
- an original or notarized copy of EACH Continuing Education course completion certificate.
More information can be found on the commission's website.
Real Estate Boards
Maryland Real Estate Commission
- Maryland Higher Education Commission
- 6 N. Liberty Street, 10th Floor
- Baltimore, Maryland 21201
- Phone: (410) 230-6230
District of Columbia Real Estate Commission
Addresss: 941 North Capitol Street, NE, Washington, DC 20002
Phone: (202) 442-4320 Fax: (202) 698-4329
Continuing Education Services:
- CE Requirements and FAQs
- View Your DC Continuing Education (CE) Transcript at Pearson VUE
- To search for DC License number Pearson VUE
Licensing Information or Examinations:
- To Request An Examination Reservation with Pearson VUE
- Candidate Handbook
- Locate Test Center with Pearson VUE
Virginia Real Estate Board
Addresss: 9960 Mayland Drive, Suite 400, Richmond, Virginia 23233-1463
Phone: (804) 367-8500
Licensing Section: (804) 367-8526